There are a number of ongoing volunteer opportunities that we participate in as a congregation.
- Hallie Q. Brown Food Shelf: We support this local food shelf in a variety of ways, including direct financial support, ongoing direct donations of food, and a semi-annual, targeted food drive.
- Loaves & Fishes: Support Loaves & Fishes downtown Saint Paul meal program including shop, prepare and serve meal semi-monthly; direct financial support.
- Store to Door Grocery Delivery: Volunteers shop and deliver groceries to homebound persons, direct financial support.
We also participate in several projects seasonally:
- Coat Drive (annual) Targeted winter drive for coats, hats, gloves, scarves.
- Farmer’s Market (summer) Local refugee family sells produce raised on their land after Sunday services.
- Habitat for Humanity (annual) Provide financial support and volunteers for annual build project in conjunction with neighboring churches.
- Project Home (annual) Partner with local congregation to provide month-long support for housing of local homeless families.
- School Tools Drive (annual) Targeted drive at beginning of school year for school supplies needed by students who would not otherwise have them.
- Special Offerings (annual) Funds received by direct offerings from the Congregation to support One Great Hour of Sharing, Neighbors in Need, Pentecost, Peace and Global Witness, Strengthen the Church, Neighbors in Need, and Christmas offerings in our UCC and Presbyterian denominations.