There are a number of ongoing volunteer opportunities that we participate in as a congregation.
- Hallie Q. Brown Food Shelf: Support local food shelf in a variety of ways including direct financial support, ongoing direct donations of food, semi-annual targeted food drive, transporting donated food weekly from Trader Joe’s. We use VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming Trader Joe’s-to-Hallie Q. Brown foodshelf delivery sign-ups. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- 1) Click here to see our Sign-ups on VolunteerSpot
- 2) Review the Sign-ups listed and choose the one(s) you like.
- 3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
- Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Katie Sterns and she can sign you up manually. email@example.com or 651-295-1730
- Loaves & Fishes: Support Loaves & Fishes downtown Saint Paul meal program including shop, prepare and serve meal semi-monthly; direct financial support.
- Store to Door Grocery Delivery: Volunteers shop and deliver groceries to homebound persons, direct financial support.
We also participate in several projects seasonally:
- Coat Drive (annual) Targeted winter drive for coats, hats, gloves, scarves.
- Farmer’s Market (summer) Local refugee family sells produce raised on their land after Sunday services.
- Habitat for Humanity (annual) Provide financial support and volunteers for annual build project in conjunction with neighboring churches.
- Project Home (annual) Partner with local congregation to provide month-long support for housing of local homeless families.
- School Tools Drive (annual) Targeted drive at beginning of school year for school supplies needed by students who would not otherwise have them.
- Special Offerings (annual) Funds received by direct offerings from the Congregation to support One Great Hour of Sharing, Neighbors in Need, Pentecost, Peace and Global Witness, Strengthen the Church, Neighbors in Need, and Christmas offerings in our UCC and Presbyterian denominations.